ASHWAGANDHA POWDER 100 Gms : ( Withania Comanifera )
" Ashwagandha Powder is know as Indian Ginseng and In English Known As Winter Cherry "
Somanifera Means Sleep Inducing.
"Ashwagandha" is a Sanskrit word, meaning –“Ashwa” means horse & ‘’Gandha’’- Sweet smell which refers to both its unique quality in ability to boosts the immunity and provide the strength of a horse. Ashwagandha belongs to the Solanaceae family and also known as Indian ginseng. Ashwagandha has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years as an adapt genic herb & rasayana (rejuvenate), which means it is used to help the body resist physiological and psychological stress by adapting to the needs of the body. It has become one of the most popular Ayurvedic herbs in the Western world.
Ashwagandha plant is a small shrub with yellow- greenish flowers can grow up to 35-45 cm in height and fruit of this plant is a red berries enclosed in a green enlarged calyx. An active ingredient of Ashwagandha contains steroidal alkaloids as somiferine, somnine, somifernine, anferine, withanloids. It also contains flavonoids, lactones, acyl-sterylglucosides, iron, potassium and other numerous substances. Ashwagandha powder is derived from the dried roots and leaves of the Ashwagandha plant which is grinded to a semi fine texture to produce the powdered form.
Botanical name : Withania somnifera
Common name : Balada, kamprupini, ganpatri, vajini.
English Name : Winter Cherry, Indian Ginseng
Gujarati Name : Asan, Asoda, Asgandha, Asundha, Ghodakun
Hindi Name : Asgandh, Nagori Asgandh, Aksan
Kashmiri Name : Asgandh
Latin name : Withania somnifera Dunal.
Marathi Name : Asagandha, Askagandha, Askandha
Punjabi Name : Asgandh, Ashwagandha, Aksan
Sanskrit Name : Ashwagandha
Urdu Name : Asgand Nagori
Color & smell : It is light, pungent & hot in potency and astringent in taste.
1) Ashwagandha power enhance immune system to combats against the various allergies , Infections , virus and Bacteria thereby rebooting of strength and stamina in body.
2) Ashwagandha powder is an aphrodisiac improving the libido and enhances sexual desire. Also improves semen quality and Quantity by increasing the sperm count and sperm mobility.
3) Ashwagandha powder helps to reduce sugar levels in blood stream.
4) Ashwagandha powder is having anti-inflammatory properties; it is effective in dealing with a variety of rheumatologic problems and joint pain & swelling.
5) Ashwagandha powder also helps to relex the Mind.
6) Ashawagandha Powder known to reduce the side effects of chemotherapy and slower down the growth of cancer cells.
7) Ashwagandha powder also possesses anticonvulsant properties & widely used remedy for seizures and convulsions in Ayurvedic medicine.
8) Ashwagandha rejuvenates and tonifies the entire system, especially the endocrine and immune systems.
How to Use Ashwagandha :
Ashwagandha is available in powder and tablet forms, and as a liquid extract. The traditional use is as a powder, mixed with warm milk and honey, and taken before bed calming vata and fostering healthy sleep patterns, reproductive system, and strength. A general dose can be 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon once or twice daily. Traditionally ashwagandha is taken with ghee and honey (equal parts) anupans for overall nourishment and rejuvenation. Adding sugar (cane or sugar candy) adds a cooling effect and can even be substituted for the honey, particularly in the summer months. It can also be used with ghee and sugar to support the female reproductive system and joints.
1) Pregnant women should avoid.
2) Keep out of children.
3) Consult physician before taking.
4) May cause upset stomach and nausea.
This article is meant only for the use of education and information. It is not in any way recommended for substituting prescription drugs or expert medical guidance. We are not professionals in healthcare and this information is shared purely based on the interest of spreading the fragrance of Ayurvedic healing, the world’s oldest medical system on earth.
This Information has not been evaluated by food and Drug Administration.
This Information is not intended to diagnose,treat,cureor prevent disesae
Please be Advised.
you should always consult yours Physician Doctor or Nutrioninst before using or changing in yours Diet