MUCUNA SEEDS or KAUNCH BEEJ :
Botanical Name :
Mucunaor Kaunch Beejis a genus of climbing vines and shrubs of the family Fabaceae and typically found in Tropical forests, legume which is having velvety bean or seed, used in Ayurvedic Medicine. Two varieties of Kaunch Beej or Muccuna Seeds are
1. Black Color 2. White Color
Common Name :
1) Mucuna seeds are commonly used as a supplement to treat male infertility and have been shown to increase sperm motility, sperm quality, and sperm count.
2) Mucuna seeds support nervous system or considered a tonic to neurons. It contains naturally occurring levodopa (L-dopa), which is an essential precursor of the neurotransmitter dopamine. Mucuna seeds have profoundly balancing and restorative effect on the entire nervous system.
3) Mucuna seeds are one of the best reproductive tonics for men and women both. Mucuna seeds are an aphrodisiac, bolstering healthy sexual energy and libido.
4) Mucuna seeds can also help foster healthy digestive function and promote proper elimination.
1) Contact with the hairs on Mucuna seedpods can cause severe itching.
2) It should be used with care during pregnancy and while breast-feeding because it may affect the secretion of prolactin.
3) Avoid if there are known allergies to Mucuna seeds, its constituents.
4) If you are taking prescription medication of any kind, it is always best to check with your doctor before introducing mucuna seed.
5) Because of the potential for additive effects or interaction, use caution in patients who are diabetic and on medication or who are taking anticoagulants, antiplatelet, antidepressant agents, levodopa, dopamine, dopamine agonists, dopamine antagonists, or dopamine reuptake inhibitors.
6) Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
This article is meant only for the use of education and information. It is not in any way recommended for substituting prescription drugs or expert medical guidance. We are not professionals in healthcare and this information is shared purely based on the interest of spreading the fragrance of Ayurvedic healing, the world’s oldest medical system on earth.Talk with your Ayurvedic practitioner/ healthcare expert before selecting the most suitable essential oils for your prakriti or unique individual constitution and state of health.