KALONJI SEED OIL:
Synonyms of KALONJI:
The seeds of the yearly blooming plant, Kalonji seed, have been prized for their recuperating properties since time immemorial. The actual Kalonji seed plant reproduces with itself& grows to 20-90cm tall, with finely divided leaves and the leaf segments narrowly linear to threadlike and the flowers are delicate colored white, yellow, pink, pale blue or pale purple, with 5-10 petals and a fruit capsule which consists of many white trigonal seeds in the family Ranunculaceae, native to south and southwest Asia. Once the fruit capsule has matured, it opens up and the seeds contained within are exposed to the air, becoming black in color (black seeds). In Arabic cultures, Kalonji seed has been tag as ‘Habbatulbarakah’, meaning the “seed of blessing.” It is also believed that the Islamic prophet Mohammed said of it that it is “a remedy for all diseases except death.” Kalonji seeds oil is extracted through cold pressed method from Kalonji seeds. Kalonji seed oil is an emerging miracle herb with a rich historical and religious background. It has been used over 2000 years as folk medicines. It is from the treasure trove of Mother
3) Habbatul Baraka
4) Black Cumin
5) Black Caraway Seed
6) Nigella Sativa
Benefits of Kalonji seed oil :
Kalonji seed oil contains linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, trans-anethole, dihydrothymoquinone, p-cymene, carvacrol, α-thujene, thymol, α-pinene, β-pinene and t-anethole. Most of the therapeutic properties of Kalonji seed oil are due to the presence of Thymoquinone, which is a major bioactive component 30%-48% of the oil. Kalonji seed oil, in fact, was found in Egyptian pharoahTutankhamun’s tomb, dating back to approximately 3,300 years ago and the earliest record of its cultivation and use come from ancient Egypt only. Kalonji seed oil is widely used medicinal oil throughout the world. It is very popular in various traditional systems of medicine like Unani and Tibb-e-Nawabi, Ayurveda and Siddha.
1) Kalonji seed oil is often used for is a lack of energy and fatigue.It has been used throughout history and in modern times and permanent solution with longer lasting effects and bigger benefits. It stimulates the body’s energy and aids in recovery from fatigue and low spirits.
2) Kalonji seed oil acts as a sedative and improves sleep and its related disorders.
3) Kalonji seed oil has anti-asthmatic effects and beneficial for relieving allergies in many people.
4) Kalonji seed oil is also used for skin problems like eczema and psoriasis and helps sooth inflammation and heals skin speedily. Externally the oil is used as an antiseptic as well as local anesthetic.
5) Kalonji seed oil was also shown to be helpful in battling candida and fungal infections in the digestive system and on the skin.
6) Kalonji seed oil is carminative, meaning they aid in digestion and decreases gas, bloating and stomach pain. Kalonji seed oil is often sometimes used in remedies for intestinal parasites. It also inhibits the growth of colon cancer cells with no negative side effects. It is also useful in loss of appetite, diarrhea, dropsy, amenorrhoea and dysmenorrhea.
7) Kalonji seed oil naturally softens, strengthen and help increase hair growth.
8) Topically, Kalonji seed oil firms the skin and is very useful remedy against scars and to prevent scar formation on wounds.
9) Thymoquinone, a basic component of Kalonji seed oil provides a protective effect on the heart and promote healthy cholesterol levels and help normalize blood pressure.
10) Kalonji seed oil exerts anti-anxiety properties, stabilizes mood and improve cognition in adolescent.
11) Kalonji seed oil appears to have anti-ulcer properties against Helio-bacter pylori and protects the stomach and intestinal mucosa. It also inhibits the growth of Staphylococcus aureus and methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
12) Kalonji seed oil improves the ability of macrophages to destroy invaders and increases natural cell killer cytotoxicity to tumor cells.
13) Thymoquinone, in Kalonji seed oil helps induce apoptosis (cell death) in leukemia, cells, breast cancer cells, brain tumor cells, pancreatic cancer, cervical cancer and even oral cancer cells and cavity forming bacteria. It also acts a as a natural protection against some of the danger from radiation and used in conjunction with conventional treatments.
14) Kalonji seed oil also increases testosterone concentrations following oral ingestion.
15) Kalonji seed oil has anti-diabetic properties thus increases insulin release in diabetic patient and lowering sugar levels in the blood.
16) Kalonji seed oil has shown potential anti-osteoporotic effects and shown significant reductions in joint pain and swelling as well as morning stiffness in affected joints and is highly effective in rheumatoid arthritis.
17) Traditionally, Kalonji seed oil has been used to help increase milk production during breastfeeding in nursing mothers.
18) Kalonji seed oil is radio protective against immunosuppressive and oxidative effects of ionizing radiation.
19) Kalonji seed oil supporting the immune system as it contains antioxidants, beneficial acids and b-vitamins which supports the immune system and increases immune function without encouraging an immune reaction against healthy tissue in the body.It’s particularly beneficial for those with autoimmune disease.
20) With its hot astounding flavor, Kalonji seed oil can be utilized as a part of a wide range of formulas from meat primary courses to soups and stews. One can likewise add it to refreshments like chai tea latte and smoothies.
Dr Surjeet Singh