FENUGREEK SEED ESSENTIAL OIL
Fenugreek seeds come from the plant of the pea family, known as Fabaceae and its oil is obtained from the seed of fenugreek plant. These fenugreek seeds oil are quite nutritious with healthy fats and volatile compounds and have a plethora of health benefits. The fenugreek seed oil is commonly extracted from the bitter-tasting, rhomboid-shaped seeds of the plant in a process called steam distillation or cold pressed method. Fenugreek seeds and its oil have been widely in use since ancient times, with historical records stating that it was found in the Egyptian tombs of the Pharaoh “Tutankhamun” which is back to around 1500 B.C. where it was first used. They used it as a cure for various health problems, thus attesting to its health benefits.
Botanical name : Trigonellafoenum-graecum.
Extraction : Fenugreek seed oil is obtained by cold pressed method.
Colour and smell : -Fenugreek seed oil has a yellowish colour with a hint of brown. It has a powerful aroma which is fragrant but with tones of bitter.
1) Fenugreek seed oil helps to boost testosterone levels as it translates to enhanced sexual libido, muscle building potential and overall sense of wellbeing.
2) Fenugreek seed oil goes brilliantly with other essential oil in aromatherapy. E.g. - cinnamon oil etc. Fenugreek seed oil is a great additive to a massage treatment. It can be added to massage oil, like sweet almond oil and massaged onto the skin. This kind of combo massages will soothes the skin, relieves inflammation and makes the skin perform better.
3) Fenugreek seed oil reduces inflammation and redness around the pimples. It also alleviates swelling and the pain that comes with these pimples. This application also prevents formation of new blackheads due to its antioxidant properties, so it prevents the pimples from oxidizing. Fenugreek seed oil is great for getting rid of boils and similar conditions like carbuncles, cysts, furuncles, ingrown hair and folliculitis.
4) Fenugreek seed oil is used as an expectorant which helps in aiding the body in expelling out the phlegm. This is quite helpful in conditions that cause a productive cough, like bronchitis.
5) Fenugreek seed oil is quite helpful in diabetes also. Fenugreek seed oil improves the glucose intolerance and can lower blood glucose levels. It also stimulates the pancreas and reduces damage to beta cells. Fenugreek seed oil stimulates insulin as well, which is a powerful health benefit.
6) Fenugreek seed oil helps to restore normal kidney health. It exerts a protective influence on the kidneys and the pancreas.
7) Fenugreek oil can have benefits for the hair, as it promotes hair growth and prevents dandruff.
8) Fenugreek seed oil also has the polysaccharides found in the oil which is directly linked to boosting the metabolism, which can help to improve fat-burning and aid in losing weight.
9) Fenugreek seed oil is extremely well-known in breast firming as well as enlarging products.
10) The fenugreek seed oil has anti-aging property & reduces the formation of free radicals on the skin which is the reason for skin aging. It also helps in growth of new cells and repairs damaged skin cells.
1) Fenugreek oil is an essential oil and as such should not be applied directly.
2) It should not be taken by pregnant women.
3) One should definitely consult with a doctor before taking fenugreek seed oil as a supplement.
4) Store fenugreek seed oil in dark bottles, in a cool and dry place. Exposing the oil to sunlight or heat will cause it to rapidly denature, losing both its potent aroma and its health benefits.
5) Avoid use if you are allergic to fenugreek.
6) Furthermore, the blood sugar-lowering properties of this oil can be dangerous when consumed in conjunction with blood sugar-lowering medication. Those with bleeding disorders may also have their condition exacerbated when consuming an excess of this oil.
This article is meant only for the use of education and information. It is not in any way recommended for substituting prescription drugs or expert medical guidance. We are not professionals in healthcare and this information is shared purely based on the interest of spreading the fragrance of Ayurvedic healing, the world’s oldest medical system on earth.Never use essential oils internally and make sure that you dilute essential oils before using it for external application. This is because 100 percent organic and pure essential oils are highly concentrated substances and may cause allergic reactions if used on the skin directly.Talk with your Ayurvedic practitioner/ healthcare expert before selecting the most suitable essential oils for your prakriti or unique individual constitution and state of health. Please avoid using Basil oil if you have sensitive skin or during pregnancy.
Fenugreek Essential Oil / trigonella Foenum Graecum